Scenic Rim Farm Gate Discovery
A full day in the countryside discovering the amazing sights, tastes and stories of the Scenic Rim.
It’s time to “get back out there” and there’s no better place to do that than the Scenic Rim. An easy drive from Brisbane, the Scenic Rim not only offers spectacular scenery but also some the most fertile farming land in the world. The volcanic mountain ranges that form the Scenic Rim give rise to rich agricultural soils and a sprawling patchwork of farmland.
Join us for our Scenic Rim Farm Gate Discovery and you will have the chance to immerse yourself in this countryside for the day. You will taste some of the freshest local produce possible, get behind the scenes to meet some of the passionate farmers and providores, and hear insights into the history of the region and it’s townships.
We have partnered with Scenic Rim Farm Box to offer this memorable discovery. All farms and providores visited supply product to households throughout the greater Brisbane region through the Scenic Rim Farm Box weekly delivery service.
Our full day Scenic Rim Farm Gate Discovery includes:
- Air-conditioned and seat-belted mini-bus
- Informative and entertaining commentary
- Feed the friendly camels and sample the award winning dairy products at Summer Land Camels then tea and coffee on the verandah of the historic homestead.
- Meet the farmer and pick fresh vegies on a working vegetable farm in the Fassifern Valley
- Meet the butcher and sample a variety of smallgoods and hams at The Butcher Co in Kalbar
- Stroll the picturesque streets of historic Kalbar
- Tastings of a selection of favourite sweet treats from Lovett’s at Kalbar
- Luncheon of local food and beverages overlooking Moogerah Dam
- Short stop to purchase craft beers and other local products at the Scenic Rim Brewery
- Meet the grower and enjoy a private tasting at Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard
Duration: 7.5 hrs (8:30am – 4:00pm)
Price: $159 per person in our air-conditioned people mover.